Broken tooth? Cracked crown? Toothache? Value Dental Centers Mesa is here for you and your family when you need us most. Dental emergencies can cause extreme discomfort and embarrassment, and very rarely do they happen at convenient times. That’s why we are happy to offer emergency dentistry services at our Mesa, AZ office to both new and existing patients. No matter the hour, just simply dial our phone number. If it happens to be after hours, our on-call dentist will be available to help walk you through the right steps to help. If needed, he or she can often schedule a same-day appointment.
Urgent Care When You Need It
At Value Dental Centers Mesa, we know dental accidents and emergencies happen, and most often when you least expect it. It’s important that our patients feel safe, protected, and cared for, no matter the time of day. Rest assured, if your dental emergency happens after business hours, our on-call emergency dentist will be able to help you or your family member immediately. They will quickly assess the situation and provide you with the first steps toward easing your discomfort. If needed, they work hard to schedule an appointment that day.
Emergencies Treated at Value Dental Centers
Our highly trained emergency dentists are fully equipped to handle a range of dental emergencies such as:
- Broken tooth or cracked crown: Frequently, we can bond the broken pieces of your tooth back together. In other cases, we can provide a provide same-day dental crown thanks to our state-of-the-art chairside milling service.
- Knocked-out teeth: We experience this type of emergency quite frequently with children and athletes. In this event, your dentist will first try to place the tooth in its socket. If that fails, we can provide full dental restoration with a bridge or implant.
- Toothaches: Dental pain can occur for any number of reasons, such as an infection or cavity. In such canses, your dentist will perform a dental filling, or if necessary, root canal therapy.
What to Do in Case of an Emergency
When your emergency occurs, it’s important to call us right away. We can walk you through some quick and easy steps to help alleviate the pain. With our immediate guidance, your proper care at home can also reduce the extent of your damage.
- Something stuck between your teeth? Simply try to remove the object by brushing and flossing. Don’t try to remove the cause of the pain with a sharp object. This could lead long term damage to your root or gums. If brushing and flossing doesn’t work, call us and we can get you in for an appointment to remove what’s causing you pain.
- Knocked-out tooth? Gently wash the tooth without touching the roots, place it back in the socket, and carefully bite down to keep it in place. If you are unable to do so, place the tooth in a sealed container of milk, saliva, or saline and bring the tooth with you to your appointment. There, your dentist will try and replace it naturally.
- Broken tooth? Similar to a knocked-out tooth, place the broken pieces in milk, saliva, or saline and bring them with you to your appointment. Your dentist try will save your tooth by carefully bonding the pieces back in place.
- Toothache? For immediate relief, take an anti-inflammatory and use a cold compress to help ease the pain. However, it is important to call us right away to schedule an appointment and receive the professional care you need.
Contact Us for the Emergency Care
Have an emergency? Contact Value Dental Centers Mesa now to schedule an urgent appointment. Even if your issue isn’t urgent, be sure to save our number so you can be prepared when an emergency does arise.