We want to make sure that you receive trustworthy dental care and procedures that are truly in your best interests. If you are uncomfortable with a diagnosis that you received from another dentist, schedule an appointment for a second dental opinion at our Mesa, AZ practice. The experienced staff of dentists and hygienists at Value Dental Centers Mesa offer advanced imaging and diagnostic testing. With these methods, they will evaluate your oral health. Then they will go over your initial dentist’s treatment plan to determine the best course of action for you. After your consultation, you are under no obligation to receive treatment at our practice.
When To Get a Second Dental Opinion
If you are feeling uneasy about your dental diagnosis for any reason, we encourage you to come in for a consultation. Situations in which you might benefit from a second opinion include:
- You are uncomfortable with your dentist and the treatment prescribed.
- You are diagnosed with oral cancer or advanced gum disease.
- You are being pressured into treatment.
- Your dentist seems uneducated and/or lacks the experience to treat your conditions.
- Your dentist does not allow you to see your x-rays.
- Your dentist does not clearly explain all the treatment options available to you.
- Your dentist recommends the replacement of your current dental restorations.
Benefits of a Second Opinion
Perhaps you are not sure about the need for a second opinion. If you are feeling nervous or skeptical about your diagnosis for any reason, a no-obligation consultation can have a number of benefits. These include:
- A second dental opinion can save you the stress and expense of unnecessary dental treatment.
- An additional consultation can bring comfort and peace of mind.
- Visiting another practice can help you find a dentist that cares about you and your overall comfort.
Why Choose Us?
When you come to Value Dental Centers Mesa, your wellbeing is our top priority. Dental healthcare can be overwhelming and expensive. That is why we will never prescribe unnecessary treatment, only recommending the procedures that you actually need. Our team of professional and experienced dentists is ready to bring you peace of mind. Though we can always provide the care you need, after your consultation, you are under no obligation to undergo any further treatment with us. You can return to your regular dentist or to another practitioner, if desired. However, if you decide to remain at our practice, you will benefit from our experienced and detail-oriented care.
What to Expect at Your Consultation
During your consultation, we will conduct a complete visual exam. If available, we will evaluate your previous x-rays, and in many cases, we will take a new set of images. We will then go over your regular dentist’s diagnosis, and if applicable, we will recommend an alternative treatment plan. Together, will discuss your treatment timeline, the costs associated with that plan, and the outcome that you can expect. We want you to leave our office fully educated. Therefore, we will allow time to answer any questions you may have about your diagnosis and possible treatments. If desired, we will schedule your follow-up appointment. At Value Dental Centers, we are unfailingly honest. If your original dentist’s evaluation was correct, we will tell you so up front.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you are feeling uncertain about a recent dental diagnosis, please contact our office today so we can bring you peace of mind.